For Immediate Release: October 31, 2008 08-93
What it DOES say:
1) There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate.
2) State law (Hawai‘i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.
3) Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.
4) No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawai‘i.
What it does NOT say:
1) Obama was born in Hawaii.
2) The CertificatION of Live Birth (presented on Daily KOS, Fight the Smears, and Factcheck.org) is valid.
3) The CertificatION of Live Birth matches the data found on the original Birth CertificatE on record.
4) “We the People” do not have a tangible interest in the original birth certificate of a candidate for the office of President of the United States, in order to help determine if s/he is Constitutionally eligible to hold that office.
Why this matters:
The CertificatION of Live Birth that has been presented on Daily KOS, Fight the Smears, and Factcheck.org is a forgery. I thought so the very first time I ever looked at it, but since that time, it has become clear that “Obama’s” Certification of Live Birth has a lot in common with two other “Certification of Live Birth” images displayed on Daily Kos: one a mostly blank template and the other “Haye I.B Ahphorgerie” (“Hey! I Be A Forgery!“) Document experts have demonstrated numerous points that make it clear Obama’s “Certification of Live Birth” is a forgery.
Given that, the Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, were put in a very difficult situation. They started receiving numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate. If they were to release it, and reveal the dishonesty, there would have been a firestorm that likely would have ended the candidacy of the man known as Barack Hussein Obama II (also known as Muslim Indonesian Citizen Barry Soetoro).
The only thing that these two officials “verified” is that they had seen Obama’s original birth certificate and “verified” that it is “on record in accordance with state policies and procedures”. That’s it. Nothing more.
Why would Obama’s original birth certificate be on record in Hawaii if he was born elsewhere? Because Hawaii law at that time allowed:
[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.
(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.
Compare Obama’s Forged Certifcation vs. A Real Certificate, and take special note of field 7c:
“County and State or Foreign Country”
Yes, it is possible that Obama’s authentic, original birth certificate on record in Hawaii shows him as being born somewhere other than Hawaii.
Now, all this being said, it is only one of several issues. Even if Obama were born in Hawaii, he himself admits that he was a British subject at birth. He was registered as an Indonesian citizen when he attended school in Jakarta. He travelled as an adult to Pakistan, and it is not clear if he used an American passport or an Indonesian passport to do so. Any one of these issues could disqualify Barry Soetoro/Barack Hussein Obama II.
Yes, we want the truth, but
See this post about parsing Dr. Fukino’s second News Release.